A podcast about injured athletes.
Episode 11: Katie Kellner broke her pelvis training for her first Boston Marathon – ICED – Athletes, injuries & mental health
- Episode 11: Katie Kellner broke her pelvis training for her first Boston Marathon
- Episode 10: Two knee surgeries didn't stop Breezy Johnson (skiing)
- BONUS episode! *EXCLUSIVE* SNEAK PEAK of PolyPro 3
- Episode 9: "No one cares about your injury" with Avital Shimko (mogul skier)
- Episode 8: "You live and die by your own decisions" with pro skier Mark Taché
Some background: I am a marathon runner. While training for the Boston Marathon 2020, I broke my pelvis. I was snowboarding, overshot a jump, and landed on my hip.
It was the first injury that stopped me from doing what I loved. I felt lost, without a purpose, without an identity. I decided to reach out to other athletes about their injuries for wisdom. How do I get through this? What do I do with my time? If I can’t run, who am I?
These are the questions the guests of ICED answer, and more. I speak to both professional and amatuer athletes about their experiences and the psychological mayhem that accompanies injuries.
If you or someone you know is suffering from anxiety, depression and feelings of worthlessness due to an injury, please reach out. Or send them my podcast. Or both.
Have a good injury story? Let’s chat!